Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Does a new frame gets more resources than an Applet.

Reply
Thread Tools

Does a new frame gets more resources than an Applet.

 
 
Sanny
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-10-2006
Since applets are embedded in Browser I think it has to share resources
among other Applets/ Scripts on the web page.

Should I use a new Frame to speed up Computation. It looks like a new
Frame will get all resources as a seprate web page gets.

My Question is does a new Frame is just like a new Browser which gets
all CPU Resources instead of sharing with the Web page (in case of
Applets).

Thanks
Sanny

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Daniel Pitts
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-10-2006

Sanny wrote:
> Since applets are embedded in Browser I think it has to share resources
> among other Applets/ Scripts on the web page.
>
> Should I use a new Frame to speed up Computation. It looks like a new
> Frame will get all resources as a seprate web page gets.
>
> My Question is does a new Frame is just like a new Browser which gets
> all CPU Resources instead of sharing with the Web page (in case of
> Applets).
>
> Thanks
> Sanny


As far as I know, Threads usually get equal weighting (unless they are
specifically set to a lower or higher priority), regardless of whether
they are part of the same JVM, or different applications all together.
All programs have to "share" resources, since resources tend to be
system wide (not just program wide).

In either case, if you create a frame from within an applet, it is
still part of the applet, so it shouldn't act too much differently.

Hope this helps,
Daniel.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Andrew Thompson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-11-2006
Daniel Pitts wrote:
....
> > My Question is does a new Frame is just like a new Browser which gets
> > all CPU Resources instead of sharing with the Web page (in case of
> > Applets).


....
> In either case, if you create a frame from within an applet, it is
> still part of the applet, so it shouldn't act too much differently.


2 notes.

1) This OP reposted this question here..
<http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.java.programmer/browse_frm/thread/f3ce25fb028a9e9/510c95fa565d5b4d#510c95fa565d5b4d>

2) ..it became apparent in that thread that the
OP was considering converting the applet to an
application (rather than just launching a frame,
from within an applet).

Andrew T.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Sanny
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-11-2006

>
> 1) This OP reposted this question here..
> <http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.java.programmer/browse_frm/thread/f3ce25fb028a9e9/510c95fa565d5b4d#510c95fa565d5b4d>
>
> 2) ..it became apparent in that thread that the
> OP was considering converting the applet to an
> application (rather than just launching a frame,
> from within an applet).
>


I want to speedup my Applet in any way I have three Choices which one
should I choose and which will really help.

1. Convert Applet to a Frame Window.
2. Create a Java Application to run the program instead of Applet
3. Convert this Applet into .exe file using C++/Delphi

Which will be the best way to get fast output.

Bye
Sanny

 
Reply With Quote
 
Andrew Thompson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-11-2006
Sanny wrote:
.....
> I want to speedup my Applet in any way I have three Choices which one
> should I choose and which will really help.
>
> 1. Convert Applet to a Frame Window.
> 2. Create a Java Application to run the program instead of Applet
> 3. Convert this Applet into .exe file using C++/Delphi
>
> Which will be the best way to get fast output.


'It depends' on the applet and what the applet does.
What is the URL where I can see it?

Andrew T.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Like all great travelers, I have seen more than I remember andremember more than I have seen. shenrilaa@gmail.com Java 0 03-06-2008 08:11 AM
Like all great travelers, I have seen more than I remember andremember more than I have seen. shenrilaa@gmail.com C++ 0 03-05-2008 08:41 AM
Like all great travelers, I have seen more than I remember andremember more than I have seen. shenrilaa@gmail.com C Programming 0 03-05-2008 03:26 AM
array passed from one frame to another gets corrupted when the first frame is reloaded. Eyal Javascript 9 09-10-2007 02:33 PM
frame reload() -> reloaded frame gets the focus Harald Henkel Javascript 0 11-10-2003 06:10 PM



Advertisments