Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > why anew explore is coming up?

why anew explore is coming up?

Garg

Hi All,

I am sending some data to a servlet and geting the result from that.
For this is i am using form.submit() in javascript but when i submit
the form it open a new explore window.

Can you tell me why this is hapening and how can i remove this thing.

Thanks in advance
Tarun Garg

Andrew Thompson

Garg wrote:
> I am sending some data to a servlet and geting the result from that.
> For this is i am using form.submit() in javascript but when i submit
> the form it open a new explore window.
>
> Can you tell me why this is hapening and how can i remove this thing.

That is an HTML/JS question. This is a Java group.

Try..
<http://groups.google.com/group/comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html>
<http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.javascript>

(..it sounds as though either your JS or form
element specifies a target.)

Andrew T.

Garg

Thanks Mr Thompson for reply

But the i am calling servlet(java Program) through javascript so it can
be a problem of either end. and most probs it is a problem from servlet
end.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how can i resolve this
issue.

Thanks
Tarun Garg

Andrew Thompson

Garg wrote:
> Thanks Mr Thompson for reply

Only my third grade teacher called me that, and only
when she was angry with me. When/if I get angry
at you, should I call you Mr Tarun, or Mr Garg?

> But the i am calling servlet(java Program) ..

That makes H-T-M-L.

> Can anyone tell me why this is happening and
> how can i resolve this issue.

Did you even bother to investigate the probable cause
I identified in my first post, or would you prefer we make
random guesses, then spoon-feed the answers to you?

Andrew T.

Garg

Thanks Again,

I tried my level best to get the answare but i couldn't.
And that's why only i sent this mail.

Can you tell me about this problem?

Thanks
Tarun Garg

Andrew Thompson

Garg wrote:
> Thanks Again,
>
> I tried my level best to get the answare

Explain to me (in steps) what that entailed..*

> ...but i couldn't.
> And that's why only i sent this mail.

It is importatnat to understand that usenet is very
different to email - for one thing, I don't charge
you consultancy fees for discussions on usenet.

Messages to usenet are more commonly refered to
as a 'post', and the conversation that might result
is known as a 'thread'.

> Can you tell me about this problem?

* first, tell me what steps you took, based on the
last comment in my first reply (..or not, your choice).

Andrew T.