Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Call EJB behind firewall

Call EJB behind firewall

sk

I am trying to call ejb from behind firewall,
but without access. I already success remotly connect the AS in LAN.

InitialContext initial = new InitialContext();
System.out.println("initial="+ initial);

Object o = initial.lookup("corbaname:iiopublicip:4444#ejb/SFHelloBean");
System.out.println(" o="+ o);
SFHelloRemoteHome home = ( SFHelloRemoteHome )PortableRemoteObject.narrow(
o, SFHelloRemoteHome.class);
SFHelloRemote helloworld = home.create();
System.out.println( helloworld.SayHello());

Do I have configure any settings in order to go through firewall for EJB ?

SK

EricF

In article <YHneh.48017$hn.28793@edtnps82>, "sk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>I am trying to call ejb from behind firewall,
>but without access. I already success remotly connect the AS in LAN.
>
>InitialContext initial = new InitialContext();
>System.out.println("initial="+ initial);
>
> Object o = initial.lookup("corbaname:iiopublicip:4444#ejb/SFHelloBean");
> System.out.println(" o="+ o);
>SFHelloRemoteHome home = ( SFHelloRemoteHome )PortableRemoteObject.narrow(
>o, SFHelloRemoteHome.class);
>SFHelloRemote helloworld = home.create();
>System.out.println( helloworld.SayHello());
>
>Do I have configure any settings in order to go through firewall for EJB ?
>
>SK

The firewall needs to be configured to allow calls to the port EJB is using -
looks like port 4444.

Eric

sk

> The firewall needs to be configured to allow calls to the port EJB is
> using -
> looks like port 4444.
>
> Eric

I did open the port on the firewall.