Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > HEAP ALLOCATION, not at the beggining, in the MIDLE of running

HEAP ALLOCATION, not at the beggining, in the MIDLE of running

Paul K.

Hi! I want to know if there is a way to reallocate the RAM memory for a

java application that is already running, Iknow that in order to set it

initially is like:

java -ms32m -mx128m MyClassName

but what if in the middle of the execution i need to get more memory
lets say up to 1G?

regards

ATENTION: I dont want to set these flags, i want to manipulate on
porpuse the allocation of memory in the middle of the running of the
program without initially putting the flags in the java command, this
is like for example lets say i wanna increase the hastables somewhere i
wanna reallocate the memory but by inside the program ok??? i think
this is no way the java flags command but has to be somethg inside the
java code? does anyone knows?

regards

paul.

Knute Johnson

Paul K. wrote:
> Hi! I want to know if there is a way to reallocate the RAM memory for a
>
> java application that is already running, Iknow that in order to set it
>
> initially is like:
>
> java -ms32m -mx128m MyClassName
>

> but what if in the middle of the execution i need to get more memory
> lets say up to 1G?
>

> regards
>
> ATENTION: I dont want to set these flags, i want to manipulate on
> porpuse the allocation of memory in the middle of the running of the
> program without initially putting the flags in the java command, this
> is like for example lets say i wanna increase the hastables somewhere i
> wanna reallocate the memory but by inside the program ok??? i think
> this is no way the java flags command but has to be somethg inside the
> java code? does anyone knows?
>
> regards
>
> paul.

No. You can't do that. Sorry.

knute...

Lew

Knute Johnson wrote:
> No. You can't do that. Sorry.

As was mentioned in the first thread you started on this matter.

- Lew