Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Deny

J1C

How can I block all inbound connection attempts from a particular IP
address?

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>,
J1C <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:How can I block all inbound connection attempts from a particular IP
:address?

What platform? Which software and which features?

On the PIX, you would put a deny ip host HOSTIP any
in the access-list you are applying as your access-group against
the outside interface. You would need to put the line above
any 'permit' of 'any' that you had.

On IOS, you would normally create a numbered access list in
the range 100-199, something like

access-list 101 deny ip host HOSTIP any
! put any other restrictions here
! then make sure you permit everything else you want as the default
! is to deny if you have anything in the active ACL
access-list 101 permit ip any any

then you would go into interface configuration mode for the
outside interface and apply it:

interface FastEthernet0
ip access-group 101 in
--