Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco VPN Terminated Reason 431:

Cisco VPN Terminated Reason 431:

hallcommunications@gmail.com

Hello,
I'm trying to troubleshoot why my VPN Client keeps disconnecting with
the following reason.

Secure VPN Connection terminated by peer.
Reason 431: Configured max idle time for session exceeded.

the ISP tells me that he's got it set to not disconnect.
Is there a setting or register change i can make on my cisco vpn to
prevent this from happening?
Thanks for your help.

spilkinton@gmail.com

Without more information - the first thing to check is if you have a
keepalive set on the server side. If not, this may be something you
want to enable... I believe on the a 3000 concentrator they are turned
off by default.

What platform are you using for the VPN clients to connect to?

-----------------
Scott
www.scottp.net
Home of the Network Engineering Podcast

hallcommunications@gmail.com

Hey Scott,
Thanks for the response. Not sure about the server side of it... The
trusty ISP tells me he has the IKE keepalive enabled, and I have to
take his word for that.
This is an XP wireless laptop that is connecting. Would any kind of
idle time with the XP wireless settings or power management cut that
VPN?
Thanks for your help.