Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > populating the checkboxes automatically when a new record is added

populating the checkboxes automatically when a new record is added

netra

hi all
i want to place checkboxes beside the records that i retreive from
the database so that when i select the checkbox i should be able to
edit or delete the records..(similar to the gmail inbox,where the
checkboxes are populated when a new mails are received).cud some one
help me plz.

thanks
regards
netra

Manish Pandit

> the database so that when i select the checkbox i should be able to
> edit or delete the records..(similar to the gmail inbox,where the
> checkboxes are populated when a new mails are received).cud some one
> help me plz.

The entire display would need to be embedded in a <form>, and the
records being displayed as a table will have the 1st column as <input
type="checkbox" name="someid"/>. However, make sure that every checkbox
has a unique name.

-cheers,
Manish

Jeff

On Nov 26, 2:29 pm, "Manish Pandit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > the database so that when i select the checkbox i should be able to
> > edit or delete the records..(similar to the gmail inbox,where the
> > checkboxes are populated when a new mails are received).cud some one
> > help me plz.The entire display would need to be embedded in a <form>, and the

> records being displayed as a table will have the 1st column as <input
> type="checkbox" name="someid"/>. However, make sure that every checkbox
> has a unique name.
>
> -cheers,
> Manish

That assumes this is a web based app, as you are giving an html
solution.

To the original author - is this a java app, applet, or other? The
checkbox in the google list is in a table. So, what I think you are
asking is how to display a checkbox for a boolean in a table.
Correct???