Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > How to stop output to stdout

How to stop output to stdout

=?iso-8859-1?q?J=FCrgen_Gerstacker?=

Hi,
I am using RXTXcomm to communicate with the serial interface. My
programs output this everytime the RXTXcomm library is loaded:

Stable Library
Native lib Version = RXTX-2.1-7
Java lib Version = RXTX-2.1-7

I don't like this output anytime the program runs. I tried to redirect
System.out but it didn't work. Does anybody know how to put RXTXcomm
into "silent mode"?

Thanks, Juergen

Mike Schilling

"Jürgen Gerstacker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi,
> I am using RXTXcomm to communicate with the serial interface. My
> programs output this everytime the RXTXcomm library is loaded:
>

> Stable Library
> Native lib Version = RXTX-2.1-7
> Java lib Version = RXTX-2.1-7
>

> I don't like this output anytime the program runs. I tried to redirect
> System.out but it didn't work.

Did you try redirecting System.err too?

kevin.c.ott@gmail.com

It is possible to redirect stderr and stdout. There is an example at

http://www.exampledepot.com/egs/java.lang/Redirect.html.