Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Auto reconnect to EJB

Auto reconnect to EJB

Bob Graton

Hello all,

Is there a way for a standalone Java Application using an EJB on a
remote app Server to automatically re-connect when the server goes down
or a glitch on the network?

I did look 2 years ago and IBM and other did not have anything
regarding this major issue. What is the point of having super-duper
cluster of App Server when there is not reliability with the client
application at the protocol level.

Do I miss something here?

PofN

On Nov 18, 5:34 pm, "Bob Graton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I did look 2 years ago and IBM and other did not have anything
> regarding this major issue. What is the point of having super-duper
> cluster of App Server when there is not reliability with the client
> application at the protocol level.
>
> Do I miss something here?

A loop around your connection setup.

Danno

Bob Graton wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Is there a way for a standalone Java Application using an EJB on a
> remote app Server to automatically re-connect when the server goes down
> or a glitch on the network?
>
> I did look 2 years ago and IBM and other did not have anything
> regarding this major issue. What is the point of having super-duper
> cluster of App Server when there is not reliability with the client
> application at the protocol level.
>
> Do I miss something here?

You would have to trap the RemoteException analyze it and start the
sign up process again.