Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > What java book should I get? Money is no object.

What java book should I get? Money is no object.

alsnow@gmail.com

I just won a raffle and I get one free Java book, any book. I get to
pick.

Barring smart-ass answers like vintage autographed first printing
copies, and not a box-set bookshelf type of thing, what book would you
choose?

A nice big fat expensive one please!

Daniel Pitts

> I just won a raffle and I get one free Java book, any book. I get to
> pick.
>
> Barring smart-ass answers like vintage autographed first printing
> copies, and not a box-set bookshelf type of thing, what book would you
> choose?
>
> A nice big fat expensive one please!

http://www.amazon.com/

Furious George

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I just won a raffle and I get one free Java book, any book. I get to
> pick.
>
> Barring smart-ass answers like vintage autographed first printing
> copies, and not a box-set bookshelf type of thing, what book would you
> choose?
>
> A nice big fat expensive one please!

If money really is no object, then I can custom write a book for you.

Jeffrey Schwab

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I just won a raffle and I get one free Java book, any book. I get to
> pick.
>
> Barring smart-ass answers like vintage autographed first printing
> copies, and not a box-set bookshelf type of thing, what book would you
> choose?
>
> A nice big fat expensive one please!

Learning Java from O'Reilly.

Ian Wilson

Jeffrey Schwab wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> I just won a raffle and I get one free Java book, any book. I get to
>> pick.
>>
>> Barring smart-ass answers like vintage autographed first printing
>> copies, and not a box-set bookshelf type of thing, what book would you
>> choose?
>>
>> A nice big fat expensive one please!

> Learning Java from O'Reilly.

Or, if you're not a beginner, Java Cookbook from O'Reilly.

O'Reilly's most expensive books seem to be Java Swing 2nd Ed. (I don't
like the 1st Ed. though) or Java Black Book 2nd Ed. (2001, a bit elderly?).

alsnow@gmail.com

Furious George wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > I just won a raffle and I get one free Java book, any book. I get to
> > pick.
> >
> > Barring smart-ass answers like vintage autographed first printing
> > copies, and not a box-set bookshelf type of thing, what book would you
> > choose?
> >
> > A nice big fat expensive one please!

> If money really is no object, then I can custom write a book for you.

I should've listed that under "smart-ass". Oh well, I can't list
infinity.

richardsosborn@gmail.com

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I just won a raffle and I get one free Java book, any book. I get to
> pick.
>
> Barring smart-ass answers like vintage autographed first printing
> copies, and not a box-set bookshelf type of thing, what book would you
> choose?
>
> A nice big fat expensive one please!

Whichever one is next in your career goals.
Where are you and where are you going?

Money? What money? It never existed. joevan Computer Support 7 10-13-2008 12:05 PM
How Sun makes money from Java since it develops it and gives to everybodyfor free? www Java 22 03-12-2007 05:20 PM
"Java Performance Tuning Book" anyone read this book? coltrane Java 2 09-27-2006 01:13 PM
java money bob@coolgroups.com Java 4 02-01-2006 08:27 AM
awt book+java animation book Thanasis \(sch\) Java 1 10-14-2004 03:02 PM

Advertisments