Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > RMI and Java-Archives!

RMI and Java-Archives!

nullstring

I wrote a RMI-App and want to convert it into jar-files.
The app runs well, but when I make the client to a jar-file, and run it
(with java -jar myRemoteClient.jar) I get a giant Exception:

java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling return; nested
exception is:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: MyRemoteImpl_Stub (no
security manager
: RMI class loader disabled)
at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.lookup(Unknown Source)
at java.rmi.Naming.lookup(Unknown Source)
at myRemoteClient.go(myRemoteClient.java:29)
at myRemoteClient.main(myRemoteClient.java:19)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: MyRemoteImpl_Stub (no
security mana
ger: RMI class loader disabled)
at sun.rmi.server.LoaderHandler.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.rmi.server.LoaderHandler.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.rmi.server.RMIClassLoader$2.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.rmi.server.RMIClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.rmi.server.MarshalInputStream.resolveClass(Unk nown
Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readNonProxyDesc(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readClassDesc(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(Unkno wn Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(Unknown Source)
... 4 more

Where is the error???
(using eclipse for making the jar)

thanks in advance
Nullstring

Thomas Fritsch

nullstring wrote:
> I wrote a RMI-App and want to convert it into jar-files.
> The app runs well, but when I make the client to a jar-file, and run it
> (with java -jar myRemoteClient.jar) I get a giant Exception:
>
> java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling return; nested
> exception is:
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: MyRemoteImpl_Stub (no
> security manager : RMI class loader disabled)
> at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.lookup(Unknown Source)
> at java.rmi.Naming.lookup(Unknown Source)

[...]
> Where is the error???
> (using eclipse for making the jar)

Look at <http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/rmi/codebase.html> ,
especially its "Troubleshooting tips" chapter, which deals with your
problem.
--
Thomas

Why does java.rmi.Naming not implement interface java.rmi.Registry? Jan Schulze Java 1 03-26-2005 07:45 AM
RMI Vs RMI over IIOP JScoobyCed Java 1 01-28-2005 09:54 AM
RMI, JINI or RMI/IIOP Buu Nguyen Java 1 08-25-2004 11:28 AM
Some questions about servlet and applet and RMI james Java 1 01-28-2004 07:22 PM
RMI callback and firewalls Alex Molochnikov Java 1 08-04-2003 08:03 AM

Advertisments