Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Connecting to an open Window Example: IE Browser Window

Connecting to an open Window Example: IE Browser Window

kbjohnson@gmail.com

Part One:

I was looking for some classes that might allow me to select an open IE
window and type a URL in the address bar and direct it there.

Part Two:

Select a TextBox on the browser.
Enter a name in Field1.

Select another TextBox on same page.
Enter some information I have read from a file. (I know how to read
from a file, the information I need and parse it out to strings)

Submit the page form.

I am not exactly looking for code, but would be helpful. I just want
to know some recommended classes or methods others might use.

Jan =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Thom=E4?=

Hi,

you cannot do this from Java without using native code. You would need some
C++ or VB-Code which does the interaction with IE... However i dont know
what exactly you are trying to do, but if you want to test/remote control a
webapplication you can try Selenium, which would be able to to what you
want. Have a look at http://www.openqa.org/selenium/.

Best regards,
Jan

> Part One:
>
> I was looking for some classes that might allow me to select an open IE
> window and type a URL in the address bar and direct it there.
>
> Part Two:
>
> Select a TextBox on the browser.
> Enter a name in Field1.
>
> Select another TextBox on same page.
> Enter some information I have read from a file. (I know how to read
> from a file, the information I need and parse it out to strings)
>
> Submit the page form.
>
> I am not exactly looking for code, but would be helpful. I just want
> to know some recommended classes or methods others might use.

insOMnia - We never sleep...
http://www.insomnia-hq.de