Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > SSL no cipher suites in common?

SSL no cipher suites in common?

rmacnak@gmail.com

I'm trying to establish TLS over an existing socket, both the server
and client are running on the same machine with the same jre, but I
keep getting a "SSLHandshakeException: no cipher suites in common.", so
I was wondering how that's even possible.

Here is the server:

SSLContext context = SSLContext.getInstance("TLS");

context.init(null, new javax.net.ssl.TrustManager[]{
new OpenTrustManager()},
new java.security.SecureRandom());

Socket plain = socket;
// Secure the plain connection
socket = context.getSocketFactory().createSocket(plain,
plain.getInetAddress().toString(), plain.getPort(), true);
socket.setSoTimeout(0);
socket.setKeepAlive(true);
((SSLSocket) socket).setEnableSessionCreation(true);
((SSLSocket) socket).setUseClientMode(false);
((SSLSocket) socket).setNeedClientAuth(false);

//enable all available cipher suites
((SSLSocket)
socket).setEnabledCipherSuites(context.getSocketFa ctory().getSupportedCipherSuites());

((SSLSocket) socket).startHandshake(); //SSLHandshakeException: no
cipher suites in common

EJP

> //enable all available cipher suites
> ((SSLSocket)
> socket).setEnabledCipherSuites(context.getSocketFa ctory().getSupportedCipherSuites());

Don't do this, it's insecure: it enables insecure cipher suites.

'No cipher suites in common' means that e.g. you have an RSA certificate
that the server wants to use as its authentication, but no RSA
certificates in the client's trusstore, or vice versa.

need recommendations on what brand, specific computer tool kit to buy (physical tool kits, not software kits/suites) Trevor Smithson Computer Support 5 05-25-2005 07:48 PM
control suites Param R. ASP .Net 6 05-01-2005 06:01 PM
VM Performance test suites mandersen94@hotmail.com Java 0 01-10-2005 03:05 AM
Isolating office suites RZ Cisco 2 02-05-2004 01:31 AM
JUnit and suites Tim Java 1 12-10-2003 07:41 PM

Advertisments