Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Servlet help

Servlet help

corallino6@hotmail.com

Hi all. I've some problems running a servlet which is deployed on Jboss
3.2. The situation is as follows :
- The servlet needs to use version 1.0 of a package named myPackage
- The JBoss installation hosting the servlet use version 2.0 of
myPackage (package jar is deployed in jboss-3.2.3/server/default/lib).
Version 2.0 is needed by other servlets deployed on the same server.

The servlet raises an error because it finds a newer and not compatible
version of myPackage.
I've tried to add myPackage v1.0 to the servlet war but the error
remains the same (jboss goes on referring to myPackage deployed on its
lib dir)

What can I do? Any help will be appreciated!

Manish Pandit

You need to recompile the servlet with version 2.0 of mypackage.
Another option is replacing the 2.0 with 1.0 on the server, but that
will kill the purpose of any upgrade that you did.

-cheers,
Manish

www.pulpjava.com

Sounds like you might have a classloader issue. Read this tutorial to
demystify your classpath issues:

http://www.technicalfacilitation.com...k=classloading

Cheers!

-Cameron McKenzie