Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Need help to read GMS SIM with JRE

Need help to read GMS SIM with JRE

Il_professore

Hi everybody,
I'm trying to develop java applet, to read my "GSM SIM CARD" to
accomplish two goal.

A) Read the IMISDN (the serial number) of my SIM CARD, and pass it to
an authentication form, on my webserver. (this will be the most
important issue).

B) Next step (nice to have) is to develop some nice feature in the
applet to read sms and contact list.

First of all, the most important question: Is it possible? (I'd would
like to not install nothing on the client side).

Could some one point me in the right direction? (how-to, example, maybe
some free software product). I've read a lot, but nothing is really
clear.

Thanks in advantage!