Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > which cisco switches we should opt for

which cisco switches we should opt for

rahul_hotin

hi everyone....
here in our organization we have around 400 users spread over in 4
different building close bye and all there 4 building r interconnected
to each other with fibre backbone.
curntly we have 15 swithes and 9 hubs and of 15 switches only 4 are
managable.

now the company is going for expansion and new servers r to be
installed and this site is to be connected to 7 differnt other site
thru wan.and this will be main site from where other site user will
access the servers and internet.
so we r going to remove all the hubs and swithes and change them to
cisco swithes.
1. is there any requirment for layer 3 switch...which could be a core
switch ?.
2. should we change all swithes to cisco managable swithes or we
should still use the 15 existing swithes ?.
3. is there any need for vlan..i think there is.....but will the
current swithes will give problem when creating v lans...?
4. which cisco swithes we should go for which model.....?

thanks in advance
rahul verma