Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > SCJP

man4*.*

I'm considering to start learning and become SCJP..
I was looking and found
Complete Java 2 Certification Study Guide, 5th Edition
book by Phillip Heller, Simon Roberts
By you opinion is this really good book to start learnig for
certification or is there any better?
i persume this book covers everything for SCJP..

Chris Brat

I used that book and it covered everything I needed to know and also
covers the Java Developer exam.

Dont know of any books to compare it to for the Java 5 exam.

Good luck.

man4*.*

beside java.util, lang & io do I need to learn other packages from Java API?
how long were you preparing for the exam?

"Chris Brat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I used that book and it covered everything I needed to know and also
> covers the Java Developer exam.
>
> Dont know of any books to compare it to for the Java 5 exam.
>
> Good luck.

www.pulpjava.com

Why not tackle the SCJA exam first? It is the entry level Java
certification from Sun.

Some great books are avaialable here:

www.scja.com

Cheers!

-Cameron McKenzie

www.pulpjava.com
www.examscam.com
www.technicalfacilitation.com

man4*.* wrote:
> I'm considering to start learning and become SCJP..
> I was looking and found
> Complete Java 2 Certification Study Guide, 5th Edition
> book by Phillip Heller, Simon Roberts
> By you opinion is this really good book to start learnig for
> certification or is there any better?
> i persume this book covers everything for SCJP..

Chris Brat

Take a look at the sun certification site for a full breakdown of what
the exam covers - its very comprehensive.

I took about three months - it all depends on how much time your have
and how fast you can get through the material.

man4*.* wrote:
> beside java.util, lang & io do I need to learn other packages from Java API?
> how long were you preparing for the exam?
>

> "Chris Brat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> >I used that book and it covered everything I needed to know and also
> > covers the Java Developer exam.
> >
> > Dont know of any books to compare it to for the Java 5 exam.
> >
> > Good luck.

JanTheKing

I think the book by Kathy Sierra and Bert Bates is one of the best.