Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > conceptual problem ....please help

conceptual problem ....please help

gk

hi,
I have a question on EJB.

suppose I have a SessionBean and an EntityBean.
Now, SessionBean wants to call EntityBean.

I found you can call via EJB references.

like this inside sessionbean you can have

InitialContext namingContext = new InitialContext();
Object ref = namingContext.lookup("java:comp/env/ejb/myBean"); // this
JNDI is a reference

my question is , what BENEFIT i would get if i call via EJB
reference instead of global JNDI name ?

if you are getting confused , see this link
http://java.boot.by/ibm-287/images/030106.gif

did you see , there is ejb reference name="ejb/TravelAgent"

and also

global websphere binding name

"ejb/com/titan/travelagent/TravelAgentHome"

we can call a bean by using either of above.....but we prefer to make a
reference and use EJB reference ......WHY ? what extra benefit i
will get if i make a EJB reference and call by EJB reference ?

thank you