Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > a jsp question (a specific one and general learning technique/direction)

a jsp question (a specific one and general learning technique/direction)

NickName

http://groups.google.com/group/JavaS...5c48dd03c2988b

I don't want to cross post, however, the question was not answered.
Would appreciate your answer/thoughts etc.

Manish Pandit

NickName wrote:
> http://groups.google.com/group/JavaS...5c48dd03c2988b
>
> I don't want to cross post, however, the question was not answered.
> Would appreciate your answer/thoughts etc.

Best way would be to use Struts, or a simple controller servlet to
which the JSP submits. The servlet (or action servlet in case of
struts) can process data if request.getMethod() is "post", or it can
redirect to the form if the method is "get". While processing, you can
choose to put the logic in the servlet (not a good idea) or have the
servlet call some other class to handle the logic, once the servlet has
extracted and validated the form data coming in.

-cheers,
Manish

NickName

Manish Pandit wrote:
> Best way would be to use Struts, or a simple controller servlet to
> which the JSP submits. The servlet (or action servlet in case of
> struts) can process data if request.getMethod() is "post", or it can
> redirect to the form if the method is "get". While processing, you can
> choose to put the logic in the servlet (not a good idea) or have the
> servlet call some other class to handle the logic, once the servlet has
> extracted and validated the form data coming in.
>
> -cheers,
> Manish

Many thanks.