Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > help please

help please

maitreya

hello im new to this group as im to java. i wanted to clarify this
situation ->

we have a package called A and we have imported it in a class of
package C
now, will all the subclasses of all the classes of package A (may
they be in package A or in any other package) be available to the
importing class of package C.

also tell of a way to importing the if they dont get imported.

kindly respond

Thomas Schodt

maitreya wrote:
> hello im new to this group as im to java. i wanted to clarify this
> situation ->
>
> we have a package called A and we have imported it in a class of
> package C
> now, will all the subclasses of all the classes of package A (may
> they be in package A or in any other package) be available to the
> importing class of package C.
>
> also tell of a way to importing the if they dont get imported.

Java import does not affect if a class is available (*)
it is just a compile time convenience feature.

(*) a 3rd party library (jar) needs to be put in the classpath for the
classes it contains to be available.

You don't have to use import - you can write out the path explicitly in
your source code.

java.text.DecimalFormat fmt = new java.text.DecimalFormat("0.0");

When compiled, the bytecode this produces will be indistinguishable from
the bytecode produced for

import java.text.DecimalFormat;

DecimalFormat fmt = new DecimalFormat("0.0");

Simon Brooke

in message <(E-Mail Removed). com>, maitreya
('(E-Mail Removed)') wrote:

> hello im new to this group as im to java. i wanted to clarify this
> situation ->
>
> we have a package called A and we have imported it in a class of
> package C
> now, will all the subclasses of all the classes of package A (may
> they be in package A or in any other package) be available to the
> importing class of package C.

No.

> also tell of a way to importing the if they dont get imported.

Import them explicitly.

--
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/

;; If you're doing this for fun, do what seems fun. If you're
;; doing it for money, stop now.
;; Rainer Deyke

maitreya

Simon Brooke wrote:
> in message <(E-Mail Removed). com>, maitreya
> ('(E-Mail Removed)') wrote:
>
> > hello im new to this group as im to java. i wanted to clarify this
> > situation ->
> >
> > we have a package called A and we have imported it in a class of
> > package C
> > now, will all the subclasses of all the classes of package A (may
> > they be in package A or in any other package) be available to the
> > importing class of package C.

> No.
>
> > also tell of a way to importing the if they dont get imported.

> Import them explicitly.
>
> --

thanks

> (E-Mail Removed) (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/
>
> ;; If you're doing this for fun, do what seems fun. If you're
> ;; doing it for money, stop now.
> ;; Rainer Deyke

many thanks