Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > media keyboard

media keyboard

rmacnak@gmail.com

How do I receive input for pressing of the Play, Stop, Next, etc
buttons on my keyboard? (They don't seem to be in
java.awt.event.KeyEvent).

Thanks,
Ryan

Manish Pandit

> How do I receive input for pressing of the Play, Stop, Next, etc
> buttons on my keyboard? (They don't seem to be in
> java.awt.event.KeyEvent).
>
> Thanks,
> Ryan

IMO, these buttons are non-standard - hence not supported by java.

-cheers,
Manish

Andrew Thompson

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> How do I receive input for pressing of the Play, Stop, Next, etc
> buttons on my keyboard? (They don't seem to be in
> java.awt.event.KeyEvent).

This simple source indicates there is no keyboard
event sent for the play/stop/next/previous keys of my
'Genius'* media aware keyboard.

* (shrugs vaguely) I think they are out of Taiwan,
it was $25 at Woolies.

<sscce>
import java.awt.*;
import java.awt.event.*;
import javax.swing.*;

class ListenType extends JFrame implements KeyListener {

ListenType() {
setDefaultCloseOperation( JFrame.DISPOSE_ON_CLOSE );
setSize(400,400);
JTextArea lbl = new JTextArea("Hi!");
lbl.addKeyListener(this);
getContentPane().add( lbl );