Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > force applets to open in new vm?

force applets to open in new vm?

mfreak

If I use a browser to open 2 separate japplets, is there any way to
program the html to create a whole new VM for each applet? Sometimes my
users need to open the same applet twice, and I don't want static
variables shared. I know they shouldn't be static in the first place,
but there's too many applications, several million lines of code, so
making legacy code correct can't be a short term solution. Putting
target=_top, target=_blank, target=_new in the link tags doesn't do
it..

I'm currently instructing users to open 2 instances of their browser,
which is the only way I've found so far that will give me 2 distinct
VM's. Using IE7 and opening 2 separate VMs in different tabs of the
same browser instance would be ideal, but I'm willing to settle for
generating new browser windows if necessary.

TIA,