Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Is there any one who has been working with java for a long long time?

Is there any one who has been working with java for a long long time?

Amanda

If so, I have a unique question.

richardsosborn@gmail.com

Amanda wrote:
> If so, I have a unique question.

what's a "long long time"? i'd fire off with it.
chances are, someone knows.

Jean-Francois Briere

I've been.
What is your question?

Daniel Pitts

Amanda wrote:
> If so, I have a unique question.

I have a unique suggestion.
Ask your question, and if someone has an answer, they will likely post
it.

Thomas Hawtin

Tor Iver Wilhelmsen wrote:
> "Amanda" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
>> If so, I have a unique question.

> Have you matched it against all possible/existing questions to ensure
> it's unique? We take such things seriously here.

I bet it's only unique inside a given class loader context.

Tom Hawtin (unique name within Europe, AFAIK)

Patricia Shanahan

Amanda wrote:
> If so, I have a unique question.

I don't think anyone has been working with java for a "long long time".
Even its precursor, Oak, has only existed for about 15 years.

However, different people have different ideas of "long" in these contexts.

Why not just post your question?

Patricia

Tor Iver Wilhelmsen

Tor Iver Wilhelmsen wrote:
> "Amanda" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
> > If so, I have a unique question.

> Have you matched it against all possible/existing questions to ensure
> it's unique? We take such things seriously here.

I assure you that it is very uinique?

When I post this unqiue question, I hope someone answers it.

Amanda

Jean-Francois Briere wrote:
> I've been.
> What is your question?

Here it is.

I have noticed that in some pharmaceutial industry, programmer with
experience in J2EE, JDBC, JSP, and database knowledge such as Oracle
with "CHEMISTRY" knowledge is desired.

Three years ago, they were using C++. I am wondering whether they will
move to C# or will some remain using Java?

I have Chemistry degrees + academic level programming skills (lots of
exposure to different topics via courses work ). I did a little bit of
JSP as a part of school work but it's been a few years.

I am familiarizing myself wiht C# now and am planning to spend some
serious time to become good at J2EE, JSP, etc but also wonders whether
I should just concentrate in C# in case these pharma companies moves
onto C#. I realy want to get into working in Chemistry environment in
IT sector, i.e research envrionent starting with programming work.

What's the suggestion or opinion?

Manish Pandit

Don't you have other Pharma sector companies other than this particular
one? I can safely say that as long as you are cool with relocating
wherever your job takes you, proficiency in Java Technologies will get
you into one of the pharma companies.

-cheers,
Manish