Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > JMX console (almost NTG)

JMX console (almost NTG)

Tomek

Hello,

not exactly this group, but any help highly appreciated...

does anyone know of a JMX console that is able to display charts based
on the data received from an Open MBean?

What I would like to achieve is to create a chart with several data
series. Each data series represents the number of documents registered
in a document processing system that have a particular status.
Technically speaking the chart is to present the data returned
by the following query:

select document_status, count(*)
from documents
group by document_status

So the query represents a snapshot of the document processing system
at a given point in time.

All of the consoles I have seen were only able to plot charts based
on scalar JMX MBeans attributes. I know I could model several JMX
attributes (one for each status), but this approach has serious
flaws:
a. it implies executing several queries instead of one
b. the collected data would be out-of-sync

Thanks in advance for any help.

Greetings,
Tomek.