Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > how to embed a pdf file into a JSF page

how to embed a pdf file into a JSF page

Ankur

i had a pdf file which i want to be embedded into a JSF (jsp)File. how
can i do this.

thankx in advance

Kroll, Michael

Hi,

do you have take a look to 'iText' ?
http://www.lowagie.com/iText/

--
http://www.netbeans-forum.de
German NetBeans, Java and GlassFish Forum

Ankur schrieb:
> i had a pdf file which i want to be embedded into a JSF (jsp)File. how
> can i do this.
>
> thankx in advance

Diego

Ankur ha scritto:
> i had a pdf file which i want to be embedded into a JSF (jsp)File. how
> can i do this.
>
> thankx in advance

If you have to generate a pdf from scratch you can look at iText or at
Apache FOP.

Otherwise, you can open your file as a stream of byte and write it to
the response output stream. Remember to set the content length with the
lenght of the byte[] array and the content type to application/pdf type.

I don't have an example code at hand, so I hope it helps anyway!

bye!