Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > List of country names

List of country names

tungchau81@yahoo.com

Hi,
How do I get a list of all country names in this world in Java?

Thanks in advance,
Tung Chau

tungchau81@yahoo.com

I meant how I can get a list of all country names in this world the
same way Locale class did for languages in Locale.getISOLanguages()
function.

Regards,
Tung Chau

Ben_

Tried Locale.getISOCountries() and Locale.getDisplayCountry(Locale inLocale)
?

Thomas Weidenfeller

> I meant how I can get a list of all country names in this world the
> same way Locale class did for languages in Locale.getISOLanguages()
> function.

Buy the ISO standards? Google for a list?

/Thomas
--
The comp.lang.java.gui FAQ:
http://gd.tuwien.ac.at/faqs/faqs-hie...lang.java.gui/

Dag Sunde

Thomas Weidenfeller wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> I meant how I can get a list of all country names in this world the
>> same way Locale class did for languages in Locale.getISOLanguages()
>> function.

> Buy the ISO standards? Google for a list?

....or search for it?
http://www.iso.org/iso/en/prods-serv.../list-en1.html

http://www.iso.org/iso/en/prods-serv...-en1-semic.txt

http://www.iso.org/iso/en/prods-serv...6-1_xml_en.zip

--
Dag.

Ben_

It's indeed a way to get a list of countries, but the OP asks if it's
possible "the same way Locale class did for languages".