Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > How to make display sleep (aka go off) in Java cell phone program

How to make display sleep (aka go off) in Java cell phone program

opalpa opalpa@gmail.com http://opalpa.info

I have a java program on a cell phone that runs for hours but does not
need the display most of the time (it makes audible alerts). I would
like the display to go to sleep (ka to go off aka to dim) because I
believe that it consumes alot of power. I want the display to
re-activate when any button is pressed on cell phone.

I looked through Midlet Java docs and do not see such capability.

Cheers.