Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Problem in the Getting Index possition in JAVA

Problem in the Getting Index possition in JAVA

JavaNewBie

Dear Friends

This is the bottleneck i am facing in the program which is not possible
to solve according to my developers.

In the program the user is selecting the TEXT. According to My
developers it is only possilbe in java to get the INDEX for the
selection of TEXT where it start but not for the particular word before
the selection.

Example:

This is Paragraph for testing of the index of selection. Accoding to
the [PARA] developers when i SELECT THE WORD i can [PARA} not get the
possition of the selected word in java in the paragraph.

HERE THE SELECT THE WORD IS SELECTED/ HIGHLIGHTED and i want to know
what is the index for the word [PARA] which is comming just before the
selection of the words

Is it possible .. if yes please send me your valuable remarks.

Your earlier reply would be a great help.

Thanks and best regards
Shal

jartur

I didn't quite understand you, sorry. But I see no problem in getting
any information in Java.
If one can find the position of selected words, one may start, e.g.,
counting back and looking for the second whitespace. But I don't really
get in what d'you want.
Nevertheless I repeat that you can solve in Java almost any computable
task. And finding pos of words is some of a kind.