Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Sending files fromServlet/Jsp Page to ASP for Processing

Sending files fromServlet/Jsp Page to ASP for Processing

Srini

Hi everyone,
I want to transfer a file from servlet page or JSP to an ASP page.
Since the two pages are in different server (WAS and IIS), I
cannot just send file path to the ASP page and let it retrieves
the file itself. If i path file paths's to servlet/JSP it should send
those files to ASP page on different server(IIS) for processing.I don't
want to use file input type ="File" for selecting the file to upload,i
want it to happen in background.
I want the ASP page can get the file and then process it. Do you
guys know how to do it? If any of you know, please reply. I
really appreciate it.

Srini

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

Srini wrote:
> I want to transfer a file from servlet page or JSP to an ASP page.
> Since the two pages are in different server (WAS and IIS), I
> cannot just send file path to the ASP page and let it retrieves
> the file itself. If i path file paths's to servlet/JSP it should send
> those files to ASP page on different server(IIS) for processing.I don't
> want to use file input type ="File" for selecting the file to upload,i
> want it to happen in background.
> I want the ASP page can get the file and then process it. Do you
> guys know how to do it? If any of you know, please reply. I
> really appreciate it.

(Http)URLConnection with method POST can also be
called from JSP/servlet.

Arne

Srini

Arne Vajh°j wrote:
> Srini wrote:
> > I want to transfer a file from servlet page or JSP to an ASP page.
> > Since the two pages are in different server (WAS and IIS), I
> > cannot just send file path to the ASP page and let it retrieves
> > the file itself. If i path file paths's to servlet/JSP it should send
> > those files to ASP page on different server(IIS) for processing.I don't
> > want to use file input type ="File" for selecting the file to upload,i
> > want it to happen in background.
> > I want the ASP page can get the file and then process it. Do you
> > guys know how to do it? If any of you know, please reply. I
> > really appreciate it.

> (Http)URLConnection with method POST can also be
> called from JSP/servlet.
>
> Arne

Thanks for your prompt reply

I am using the same but can you tell me what should i give in the
destination path if i want to send the file to ASP page which is on
othe web server

Thanks in advance

Ben_

Ask the ASP site owner. Only he can tell what page/URL was designed to
process the file you want to upload.