Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Password change not working for default password in cisco aironet 1200

Password change not working for default password in cisco aironet 1200

Deepak K

Hi,

I changed the password for the default username 'Cisco' in the cisco
Aironet 1200 AP, after that it is not letting me to log into the http
using the 'Cisco' username and the new password. I tried to change
password again and tried, but the authentication box keeps on
re-appearing. Is this a known problem ? I am having access to the
console.

Thanks,
Deepak.

Claudiu

You have to privide in the box the password for enable (if you have
IOS installed on the AP) - with no username. To change the password,
just change the enable password.

Deepak K

It worked, thanks a lot !!!

Thanks,