Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Suspending threads by ThreadPoolExecutor

Suspending threads by ThreadPoolExecutor

Maciej

Hi all,

Does ThreadPoolExecutor may suspend idle threads ?
I wonder wether suspended threads eat less resources than active ?

I imagine the solution when ThreadPoolExecutore suspends each idle
threat after idleness of 60 seconds and after next 60 seconds of being
suspend the thread got killed ?

Is it reasonable ?

Regards,

Maciej

Thomas Hawtin

Maciej wrote:

> Does ThreadPoolExecutor may suspend idle threads ?
> I wonder wether suspended threads eat less resources than active ?

If the thread is idle, what would the point of suspend be?
Thread.suspend is deprecated for very good reason.

Tom Hawtin