Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > interview question what do you know about jsp

interview question what do you know about jsp

MD

A couple of interviewers ask me this question.

Even i have more than 2 years experience, I don't know where to start.
Can anybody point out the important ones?

Thanks in advance.
M.D

Andrew Thompson

MD wrote:
> A couple of interviewers ask me this question.
>
> Even i have more than 2 years experience, I don't know where to start.
> Can anybody point out the important ones?

If you've been dealing with JSP for two years and
simply "don't know where to start" it leads credence
to the suggestion that you are incompetent at either
programming, or communicating.

If it's the former, give it up, if the latter, practise..

Andrew T.

Matt Humphrey

"Andrew Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> MD wrote:
>> A couple of interviewers ask me this question.
>>
>> Even i have more than 2 years experience, I don't know where to start.
>> Can anybody point out the important ones?

> If you've been dealing with JSP for two years and
> simply "don't know where to start" it leads credence
> to the suggestion that you are incompetent at either
> programming, or communicating.
>
> If it's the former, give it up, if the latter, practise..

The OP's English is difficult to follow, but I think he means that he has 2
years experience Java and was asked in an interview about JSP and would like
to know where to go to find out about it.

To the OP, you might start here http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/docs.html
or get a good book or even just try googling "java jsp tutorial" and see
what you get.

Matt Humphrey http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) http://www.iviz.com/

Mark Rafn

>A couple of interviewers ask me this question.

Please be specific about your query - you'll get much better answers.

Is this a knowledge question or an interview tactics question? In other
words, are you looking for ways to learn about JSP, or are you looking for
ways to communicate to an interviewer who asks an open-ended question?

>Even i have more than 2 years experience, I don't know where to start.

Well, that's a problem. Experience is useless unless it generates knowlege
and understanding. Do you not know anything about jsp because your
experience is in something else, or do you know something and don't know
where to start describing your knowledge?

>Can anybody point out the important ones?

http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/ is the first place to start. There are tons
of books as well.
--
Mark Rafn (E-Mail Removed) <http://www.dagon.net/>