Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > how to add validation rule for url in the validation-rule.xml ,I added some thing like this but.........

how to add validation rule for url in the validation-rule.xml ,I added some thing like this but.........

shailajabtech@gmail.com

Hi all,

I have to add validation for url.
In the validation-rule.xml i added code like this

<validator name="url"
classname="org.apache.struts.validator.FieldChecks "
method="validateUrl"
methodParams="java.lang.Object,
org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorAction,
org.apache.commons.validator.Field,
org.apache.struts.action.ActionMessages,
javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest"
depends=""
msg="errors.url"/>

for this it accepting url with this format
http://www.satyam.com/info.com only.

if i give http://www.satyam.com like this it
throwing validation error message.

so to accept second url how to define in the validation-rules.xml

pls help me.

thanks in advance.
shailajaD