Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Connect routers back to back with WIC-1DSU-T1

Connect routers back to back with WIC-1DSU-T1

Gordon Montgomery

Is it possible to connect two 2611 routers back to back using the
WIC-1DSU-T1 cards? I want to be able to use SER0/0 in my test
configs.

Thanks

Gordon Montgomery
Living Scriptures, Inc
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (anti spam - replace lsi with livingscriptures)
(801) 627-2000

nmajsa

Gordon Montgomery wrote:
> Is it possible to connect two 2611 routers back to back using the
> WIC-1DSU-T1 cards? I want to be able to use SER0/0 in my test
> configs.
>
> Thanks
>
> Gordon Montgomery
> Living Scriptures, Inc
> (E-Mail Removed) (anti spam - replace lsi with livingscriptures)
> (801) 627-2000

Yes, I need to look for the config but basically, you need to crimp a
cable with one side pins 1-8 and the other side swapping pins 1 & 2 with
pins 4 & 5.
Once you have it plugged in to the 2 routers, you need to set the clock
source to internal on 1 side and set it to remote on the other.

Like I said, I need to look for my configs to find the correct syntax
but its fairly easy except for the cable crimping (if you've never done
it before).

nmajsa

To reply to myself:
service-module t1 clock source internal
and
service-module t1 clock source line

Everything else is set up the same
ie:
service-module t1 timeslots 1-24

nmajsa wrote:
> Gordon Montgomery wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to connect two 2611 routers back to back using the
>> WIC-1DSU-T1 cards? I want to be able to use SER0/0 in my test
>> configs.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Gordon Montgomery
>> Living Scriptures, Inc
>> (E-Mail Removed) (anti spam - replace lsi with livingscriptures)
>> (801) 627-2000

> Yes, I need to look for the config but basically, you need to crimp a
> cable with one side pins 1-8 and the other side swapping pins 1 & 2 with
> pins 4 & 5.
> Once you have it plugged in to the 2 routers, you need to set the clock
> source to internal on 1 side and set it to remote on the other.
>
> Like I said, I need to look for my configs to find the correct syntax
> but its fairly easy except for the cable crimping (if you've never done
> it before).

Gordon Montgomery

In article <ey_7e.4602$(E-Mail Removed)> , nmajsa <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>To reply to myself:
> service-module t1 clock source internal
>and
> service-module t1 clock source line
>
>Everything else is set up the same
>ie:
>service-module t1 timeslots 1-24

Thank you very much. I can make the cable too. Thanks again.

Gordon Montgomery
Living Scriptures, Inc
(E-Mail Removed) (anti spam - replace lsi with livingscriptures)
(801) 627-2000

BradReeseCom

Hi Gordon,

You may wish to investigate the Black Box ( BB ) Custom Cable Wizard:

http://www.bradreese.com/index.htm#WIZARDS

Sincerely,

Brad Reese
BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Worldwide
Toll Free: 877-549-2680
International: 828-277-7272
Website: http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-big-iron-repair.htm

Connecting 2 Cisco Routers (back to back) ANON Cisco 11 04-02-2011 03:53 PM
Back to back "routers on a stick" damon@soho-systems.com Cisco 6 06-27-2005 12:41 PM
Connect 2 routers (wireless and regular routers) Dineyar Buhariwala Wireless Networking 1 11-24-2004 01:37 PM
back to back routers adam Cisco 2 08-30-2004 10:30 PM
Back-to-back G.SHDSL Routers Matthew Melbourne Cisco 0 02-25-2004 07:12 PM

Advertisments