Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > GUI for Eclipse

GUI for Eclipse

man4*.*

I've started programing in Java using Eclipse.
So from now on, I'm gonna need to develop
GUI aplications. At your experience which GUI
builder is the best? I was googling and downloaded
builder from swt-designer.com. Do you have any exp.
in this builder?

THX

josh

man4*.* ha scritto:

> I've started programing in Java using Eclipse.
> So from now on, I'm gonna need to develop
> GUI aplications. At your experience which GUI
> builder is the best? I was googling and downloaded
> builder from swt-designer.com. Do you have any exp.
> in this builder?
>
> THX

why don't you try the free visual editor by eclipse foundation?

http://www.eclipse.org/vep/WebContent/main.php

IchBin

josh wrote:
> man4*.* ha scritto:
>
>> I've started programing in Java using Eclipse.
>> So from now on, I'm gonna need to develop
>> GUI aplications. At your experience which GUI
>> builder is the best? I was googling and downloaded
>> builder from swt-designer.com. Do you have any exp.
>> in this builder?
>>
>> THX

> why don't you try the free visual editor by eclipse foundation?
>
> http://www.eclipse.org/vep/WebContent/main.php

If you are just starting out in java I would not use any GUI builder.
You really need to know at least the Layout managers and how to design a
screen with n objects. This is the time to do it right.

You can use the VE for Eclipse but you will just be learning how to drag
and drop objects and have no idea how it all works. This will catch up
to you hopefully sooner than later.

--
Thanks in Advance...

-William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)