Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Reading Image files.

Reading Image files.

Bhanu

Hi,

Whenever i m trying to read an image using either ImageIO.read(..)
or
new ImageIcon("path to file");

there seems to be a problem when image size is more than 200kB

Can anyone tell me what may be the reasons for this.

Thanks

Bhanu

I am trying to read bmp images

Bhanu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Whenever i m trying to read an image using either ImageIO.read(..)
> or
> new ImageIcon("path to file");
>
> there seems to be a problem when image size is more than 200kB
>
> Can anyone tell me what may be the reasons for this.
>
> Thanks

Andrew Thompson

Bhanu wrote:

Please refreain from top-posting, even replies to your own posts

> Bhanu wrote:

> > Whenever i m trying to read an image using either ImageIO.read(..)

> > there seems to be a problem when image size is more than 200kB

> I am trying to read bmp images

I just tried loading two BMP's from the command line,
Greenstone.bmp 26 Kb \WINNT\
Bliss.bmp 1,407 Kb \WINNT\Web\Wallpaper
Both successfully loaded (I printed image width/height).

...so, from that, I can say that there is probably something
wrong on your side, with
- the code,
- the JVM, or
- the BMP's.