Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Showing feedback while JEditorPane/HTMLEditorKit is loading

Showing feedback while JEditorPane/HTMLEditorKit is loading

Bill Tschumy

I am using a JEditorPane with an HTMLEditorKit to display an image that is
built on the fly at a remote URL. The construction of the image can take
some time so I need to provide feedback to the user that something is
happening. This can be as simple as setting the title to "loading..." while
it is happening.

Can someone point me to the appropriate hooks to know when the image (or
page) has been loaded and rendered? I suspect I need something like
MediaTracker functionality that will notify me. There must be something
built in to the swing.text package somewhere but I've been unable to find it.

--
Bill Tschumy
Otherwise -- Austin, TX