Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > package rename (refactoring ) from command line

package rename (refactoring ) from command line

spaceman

Hi,

Is there a tool that can rename packages which can be run from a
command line?

I'd like to do the refactoring on the fly as part of the build process
- something like what most obfuscators do. However I need to rename
some specific packages before I compile the classes as I cannot modify
the original code.

One of the options is to run eclipse in headless mode and use the
refactoring api. However I'm not too familiar with any of these things,
so would be challenge. Is there an easier way to do this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Manish Pandit

Not aware of any such tool. Wish some shell scripting using sed and
grep you should be able to do a blind find/replace to your files. You
can invoke that script as a part of ant before the compile target.

-cheers,
Manish