Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > sending email problem

sending email problem

Lenny

I wrote this function to send an email
the problem is that I do not receive any error from .net but the email is
not delivered.
smtp server is not local but from my ISP

any suggestion on how to understand the problem?

thanks
Lenny

<system.net>
<mailSettings>
<smtp from="xxxxxxxxxxxxxx">
<network host="smtp.xxxxxxxxxxx.it" port="25" userName="xxxxxxxxx"
password="xxxxxxx"/>
</smtp>
</mailSettings>
</system.net>

Public Shared Sub inviamail(ByVal from As String, ByVal recepient As
String, ByVal bcc As String, ByVal cc As String, ByVal subject As String,
ByVal body As String)
' Instantiate a new instance of MailMessage
Dim mMailMessage As New MailMessage()
' Set the sender address of the mail message
mMailMessage.From = New MailAddress(from)
' Set the recepient address of the mail message
mMailMessage.To.Add(New MailAddress(recepient))

' Check if the bcc value is nothing or an empty string
If Not bcc Is Nothing And bcc <> String.Empty Then
' Set the Bcc address of the mail message
mMailMessage.Bcc.Add(New MailAddress(bcc))
End If

' Check if the cc value is nothing or an empty value
If Not cc Is Nothing And cc <> String.Empty Then
' Set the CC address of the mail message
mMailMessage.CC.Add(New MailAddress(cc))
End If

' Set the subject of the mail message
mMailMessage.Subject = subject
' Set the body of the mail message
mMailMessage.Body = body

' Set the format of the mail message body as HTML
mMailMessage.IsBodyHtml = True
' Set the priority of the mail message to normal
mMailMessage.Priority = MailPriority.Normal

' Instantiate a new instance of SmtpClient
Dim mSmtpClient As New SmtpClient()
' Send the mail message
mSmtpClient.Send(mMailMessage)
End Sub

Lenny

I found the problem

the problem is not the code,
it's the antispam in the destination mail that deleted my test messages.

bye

Lenny

news:(E-Mail Removed)...