Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > PostBackUrl Not Working

PostBackUrl Not Working

Uriah Piddle

Hi Gang,

In ASP.NET 2.0 when I click a button with a PostBackUrl in Firefox, its
posts back to itself instead of the page specified in the code. It works OK
in IE. This only happens in one project. In other projects the problem is
not there. I can't figure it out. Does know what would do this?

Thanks.

Steve

bruce barker

as the postbackurl requires javascript, check for a scripting error on
the page. the first script error cancels all scripts (just like IE)

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Uriah Piddle wrote:
> Hi Gang,
>
> In ASP.NET 2.0 when I click a button with a PostBackUrl in Firefox, its
> posts back to itself instead of the page specified in the code. It works OK
> in IE. This only happens in one project. In other projects the problem is
> not there. I can't figure it out. Does know what would do this?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Steve

Uriah Piddle

Thanks Bruce,

I put this block of code in the Global.asx after reading an article about
coding standards and then sort of forgot about it. When I commented it out,
the problem went away.

void Application_PreSendRequestHeaders(object s, EventArgs e)
{
if (Array.IndexOf(Request.AcceptTypes,"application/xhtml+xml") > -1)
{
Response.ContentType = "application/xhtml+xml";
}
}