Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > The type or namespace name could not be found

The type or namespace name could not be found

Mike

I am trying to use a third party dll in an ASP.NET 2.0 app. The manual
tells me to put the dll in a Bin folder in my app, and put
<%@ Import Namespace="System.Reflection" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="ASPPDFLib" %>
"in my source code".

The sample has these directives and the code in a script block in the aspx.

I have tried putting these at the top of the my aspx and the logic in a
code-behind in the Page_Load method. I get the error in the subject line.
I remove the Imports and put using statements in the code-behind. APSPDFLib
gets underlined in wavy blue. I then put the Page_Load method in a script
block in the aspx, re-instate the Imports, but still get the error.

Where have I gone wrong and how do I put it right?

Many thanks

Mike

Alexey Smirnov

On Feb 22, 11:45 pm, "Mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I am trying to use a third party dll in an ASP.NET 2.0 app. The manual
> tells me to put the dll in a Bin folder in my app, and put
> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Reflection" %>
> <%@ Import Namespace="ASPPDFLib" %>
> "in my source code".
>
> The sample has these directives and the code in a script block in the aspx.
>
> I have tried putting these at the top of the my aspx and the logic in a
> code-behind in the Page_Load method. I get the error in the subject line.
> I remove the Imports and put using statements in the code-behind. APSPDFLib
> gets underlined in wavy blue. I then put the Page_Load method in a script
> block in the aspx, re-instate the Imports, but still get the error.
>
> Where have I gone wrong and how do I put it right?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Mike

Go to Solution Explorer, References and add the reference to this
DLL.

Hope it helps.

Mike

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am trying to use a third party dll in an ASP.NET 2.0 app. The manual
>tells me to put the dll in a Bin folder in my app, and put
> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Reflection" %>
> <%@ Import Namespace="ASPPDFLib" %>
> "in my source code".
>
> The sample has these directives and the code in a script block in the
> aspx.
>
> I have tried putting these at the top of the my aspx and the logic in a
> code-behind in the Page_Load method. I get the error in the subject line.
> I remove the Imports and put using statements in the code-behind.
> APSPDFLib gets underlined in wavy blue. I then put the Page_Load method
> in a script block in the aspx, re-instate the Imports, but still get the
> error.
>
> Where have I gone wrong and how do I put it right?

It's always the way...

I found out what to do about 3 mins after clicking send. Right clicking in
the Bin folder offers an invitation to Add Reference...

I found the component listed on the COM tab, so chose it, and VWD has kindly
created Interop.ASPPDFLib.dll for me. All works without build errors.

Mike

news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> On Feb 22, 11:45 pm, "Mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> I am trying to use a third party dll in an ASP.NET 2.0 app. The manual
>> tells me to put the dll in a Bin folder in my app, and put
>> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Reflection" %>
>> <%@ Import Namespace="ASPPDFLib" %>
>> "in my source code".
>>
>> The sample has these directives and the code in a script block in the
>> aspx.
>>
>> I have tried putting these at the top of the my aspx and the logic in a
>> code-behind in the Page_Load method. I get the error in the subject
>> line.
>> I remove the Imports and put using statements in the code-behind.
>> APSPDFLib
>> gets underlined in wavy blue. I then put the Page_Load method in a
>> script
>> block in the aspx, re-instate the Imports, but still get the error.
>>
>> Where have I gone wrong and how do I put it right?
>>
>> Many thanks
>>
>> Mike

> Go to Solution Explorer, References and add the reference to this
> DLL.
>
> Hope it helps.

Thank you for taking the trouble to respond, Alexey.

Alexey Smirnov

On Feb 23, 12:04 am, "Mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "Alexey Smirnov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>

> > On Feb 22, 11:45 pm, "Mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> I am trying to use a third party dll in an ASP.NET 2.0 app. The manual
> >> tells me to put the dll in a Bin folder in my app, and put
> >> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Reflection" %>
> >> <%@ Import Namespace="ASPPDFLib" %>
> >> "in my source code".

> >> The sample has these directives and the code in a script block in the
> >> aspx.

> >> I have tried putting these at the top of the my aspx and the logic in a
> >> code-behind in the Page_Load method. I get the error in the subject
> >> line.
> >> I remove the Imports and put using statements in the code-behind.
> >> APSPDFLib
> >> gets underlined in wavy blue. I then put the Page_Load method in a
> >> script
> >> block in the aspx, re-instate the Imports, but still get the error.

> >> Where have I gone wrong and how do I put it right?

> >> Many thanks

> >> Mike

> > Go to Solution Explorer, References and add the reference to this
> > DLL.

> > Hope it helps.

> Thank you for taking the trouble to respond, Alexey.- Hide quoted text -

great, you're welcome!