Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Error With Bound Control Causes redirection to 404 Error page instead of displaying error

Error With Bound Control Causes redirection to 404 Error page instead of displaying error

Bishop

Any ideas on why this is happening or how I can fix it?

For instance if I forget to declare a SQL Variable and assign it a value
instead of telling me that it redirects to 404 page not found instead of
telling me the problem. I only get this with bound control errors and it
happens 100% of the time with bound control errors.

Bishop

For anyone who may have this problem, the solution I found was this:

I had to add the Custom Errors to my Web.Config. The weird thing is the
problem with not getting the errors was only with bound controls and it just
started happening, I don't remember having to do this in the past.

<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="GenericErrorPage.htm">

</customErrors>

news:(E-Mail Removed)...