Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Deploying ASP.NET AJAX-Enabled Web site to host without AJAX insta

Deploying ASP.NET AJAX-Enabled Web site to host without AJAX insta

=?Utf-8?B?QnJpYW4gRWR3YXJkcw==?=

I don't see a managed newsgroup for just AJAX, so hopefully this is the best
place to ask this question.

Is there a sure-fire way to deploy an ASP.NET AJAX-Enabled web site to a web
host who refuses to install AJAX 1.0?

How come just copying the System.Web.Extension .DLLs to the application's
BIN diectory would work. I also copied the
v1.0.61025\MicrosoftAjaxLibrary\System.Web.Extensi ons\1.0.61025.0 Javacript
files into BIN as well and maybe that is the problem. If anyone has found a
way to publish to a server without AJAX, please let me know what needs to be
done.

Thank You!!!

The ASP.NET AJAX DLLs need to be registered in the GAC on the server for
security reasons. If this is not done then ASP.NET AJAX will not be able to
function properly because it will not have the permissions it needs.

Perhaps you should look for a new web host?

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr,

"Brian Edwards" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I don't see a managed newsgroup for just AJAX, so hopefully this is the
>best
> place to ask this question.
>

> Is there a sure-fire way to deploy an ASP.NET AJAX-Enabled web site to a
> web
> host who refuses to install AJAX 1.0?
>
> How come just copying the System.Web.Extension .DLLs to the
> application's
> BIN diectory would work. I also copied the
> v1.0.61025\MicrosoftAjaxLibrary\System.Web.Extensi ons\1.0.61025.0
> Javacript
> files into BIN as well and maybe that is the problem. If anyone has found
> way to publish to a server without AJAX, please let me know what needs to
> be
> done.
>
> Thank You!!!

Patrick

There are plenty of hosts out there who do have Ajax installed, I would
switch. It's unreasonable for them to refuse installation. It's not like
you're asking them to install some untested 3rd party DLL... it's written by
Microsoft and takes almost no time to install.

We can host you if you like, send me an e-mail if you'd like more info.

patrick at nicsys dot net