Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Password recovery

Password recovery

John

Hi

I am using the password recovery control. When I submit I get an smpt server
not set error. I can't see any property in the control for smtp server.
Where do I set the smtp server value?

Thanks

Regards

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

First make sure you have an SMTP server set up. You can do this by
installing the SMTP Services with IIS, if nothing else. If you have an
exchange server on your network, you can use it instead, but the network
admin (Exchange admin) will have to set some things up for you. YOU then add
the following inside the <configuration> tags:

<system.net>
<mailSettings>
<smtp deliveryMethod="network">
<network host="{server IP or name}" port="25" defaultCredentials="true"
/>
</smtp>
</mailSettings>
</system.net>

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think outside the box!
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> I am using the password recovery control. When I submit I get an smpt
> server not set error. I can't see any property in the control for smtp
> server. Where do I set the smtp server value?
>
> Thanks
>
> Regards

John

Hi

Thanks for this. Sorry for being dumb. Which file does all this go into?
Thanks again.

Regards

"Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...