Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > OT: Hosting renewal app

OT: Hosting renewal app

MarkusJNZ@gmail.com

Hi all, first of all, sorry for the off topic posting but I'm am sure
there are other developers out there with the same problem.

I have a number of clients who are charged a monthly fee (Six months
in advance) for their hosting.

The monthly amount varies from client to client as does the date that
the hosting starts (e.g A clients hosting service may cost $50 per
month and be up for renewal on the 1st of January whereas another
clients hosting service may cost $80 and be up for renewal on 15
December).

Does anyone know of a (Preferably free) application which would alert
me when a clients hosting is up for renewal? I'm doing it all manually
at the moment and it's becoming a bit of a headache.
Thanks
Markus

Mark Rae

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...

> Does anyone know of a (Preferably free) application which would alert
> me when a clients hosting is up for renewal? I'm doing it all manually
> at the moment and it's becoming a bit of a headache.

I do this with what must be one of the simplest of database functions...

I have a client table in SQL Server with, among many other items of
information, hosting renewal date - every evening at 1am a scheduled job
queries this table and sends me an alert for any client whose renewal date
is between the current date and the current date plus one month...

clintonG

I couldn't get by without EZ Scheduler [1] but with IIS 7 now being
extensible I have no doubt hosting service providers will be developing a
solution to automate renewals.

<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
MAP http://wikimapia.org/#y=43038073&x=-...8&z=17&l=0&m=h