Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Is the ASP.NET AJAX Documentation available online?

Is the ASP.NET AJAX Documentation available online?

Nathan Sokalski

I have tried downloading and installing the ASP.NET AJAX Documentation from
http://ajax.asp.net/documentation/default.aspx?tabid=47 but it requires me
to do the following:

1. Install SQL Server Express (or SQL Server)
2. Save the files to a virtual directory in my default website

I forget what some of the other steps were, but I would prefer not to
install SQL Server Express just for the sake of documentation, and I would
prefer not to have extra files/directories in the default website. Also,
when I tried to install it, I was having trouble creating a virtual
directory (maybe I was doing something wrong, but I do have Windows XP
Professional SP2, and am able to use ASP.NET AJAX on it). I would like to
know if there is anywhere online where we can view the documentation for
ASP.NET AJAX rather than everybody going to the trouble of installing it on
their own machine. Is there? If not, then I would like to suggest/request it
to whoever is in charge of the site. Thanks.
--
Nathan Sokalski
http://www.nathansokalski.com/

Bruno Alexandre

in that link that you have you can find 2 buttons:

"Download the documentation" and "Open the online documentation"

in your title you said: "Is the ASP.NET AJAX Documentation available
online?"
answer is right ther! click "open the online documentation"

to have it OFFLINE, then you need all that steps because it's not a HELP
FILE, it's a hole website and you can find soon you click in that button

P.S. that button will jump you to http://ajax.asp.net/docs/

--

Bruno Alexandre
StrÝby, Danmark

"a Portuguese in Denmark"

news:##Msj$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have tried downloading and installing the ASP.NET AJAX Documentation from
>http://ajax.asp.net/documentation/default.aspx?tabid=47 but it requires me
>to do the following:
>
> 1. Install SQL Server Express (or SQL Server)
> 2. Save the files to a virtual directory in my default website
>
> I forget what some of the other steps were, but I would prefer not to
> install SQL Server Express just for the sake of documentation, and I would
> prefer not to have extra files/directories in the default website. Also,
> when I tried to install it, I was having trouble creating a virtual
> directory (maybe I was doing something wrong, but I do have Windows XP
> Professional SP2, and am able to use ASP.NET AJAX on it). I would like to
> know if there is anywhere online where we can view the documentation for
> ASP.NET AJAX rather than everybody going to the trouble of installing it
> on their own machine. Is there? If not, then I would like to
> suggest/request it to whoever is in charge of the site. Thanks.
> --
> Nathan Sokalski
> (E-Mail Removed)
> http://www.nathansokalski.com/

Michal Sodomka

Nathan Sokalski wrote:
> I have tried downloading and installing the ASP.NET AJAX Documentation from
> http://ajax.asp.net/documentation/default.aspx?tabid=47 but it requires me
> to do the following:
>
> 1. Install SQL Server Express (or SQL Server)
> 2. Save the files to a virtual directory in my default website
>
> I forget what some of the other steps were, but I would prefer not to
> install SQL Server Express just for the sake of documentation, and I would
> prefer not to have extra files/directories in the default website. Also,
> when I tried to install it, I was having trouble creating a virtual
> directory (maybe I was doing something wrong, but I do have Windows XP
> Professional SP2, and am able to use ASP.NET AJAX on it). I would like to
> know if there is anywhere online where we can view the documentation for
> ASP.NET AJAX rather than everybody going to the trouble of installing it on
> their own machine. Is there? If not, then I would like to suggest/request it
> to whoever is in charge of the site. Thanks.

nope There's only this type of docu