Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Cani i safely delete stuff in C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temp orary ASP.NET Files

Cani i safely delete stuff in C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temp orary ASP.NET Files

Tony Girgenti

Hello.

Can i safely delete the files and folders in
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temp orary ASP.NET Files?

Thanks,
Tony

Michael Nemtsev

Hello Tony,

you can. but asp.net recreate it again
This folder is used to keep the compiled asp.net sites

TG> Hello.
TG>
TG> Can i safely delete the files and folders in
TG> C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temp orary ASP.NET
TG> Files?
TG>
TG> Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
TG>
TG> Thanks,
TG> Tony
---
WBR, Michael Nemtsev [C# MVP].
My blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour
Team blog: http://devkids.blogspot.com/

Tony Girgenti

Thanks for that information Michael.

Tony

"Michael Nemtsev" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) t.com...
> Hello Tony,
>
> you can. but asp.net recreate it again
> This folder is used to keep the compiled asp.net sites
>
> TG> Hello.
> TG> TG> Can i safely delete the files and folders in
> TG> C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temp orary ASP.NET
> TG> Files?
> TG> TG> Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
> TG> TG> Thanks,
> TG> Tony
> ---
> WBR, Michael Nemtsev [C# MVP]. My blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour
> Team blog: http://devkids.blogspot.com/

Laurent Bugnion [MVP]

Hi,

Michael Nemtsev wrote:
> Hello Tony,
>
> you can. but asp.net recreate it again
> This folder is used to keep the compiled asp.net sites

In the good old days of ASP.NET 1.1, I used to have to delete the
content of that folder a few times a day to avoid problems with cached
assemblies. Typically, adding code in my project, compiling and the code
wouldn't appear when executing... Glad they improved that in 2.0!

> TG> Hello.
> TG> TG> Can i safely delete the files and folders in
> TG> C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temp orary ASP.NET
> TG> Files?
> TG> TG> Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
> TG> TG> Thanks,
> TG> Tony

Greetings,
Laurent