Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > GridVIew columns (hidden)

GridVIew columns (hidden)

MP

Hi all,

who knows how to use hidden columns from GridView in Update Command from
attached to it SqlDataSource? For example: I have hidden column UserId and
for given case I want to use it as @UserId variable in update command. When
this column is redaonly then this variable has null values. So is there any
way to it with oryginal value?

MP

Eliyahu Goldin

When you hide comtrols with Visible=false, they don't get rendered to the
client and don't come back in postbacks. To get the value on postbacks, hide
with css rule display:none.

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer & Consultant