Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Object Must Implement IConvertible

Object Must Implement IConvertible

Kat

I have a gridview that queries a stored procedure to select id, firstname,
lastname from clients. Then I have a detailsview that queries the client
details linked to the id from the client gridview. If I put the select
statement for the client details directly into the datasource, it works
fine, but as soon as I put the select statement -- the exact same
statement -- into a stored proceudre, I get the above error. What does that
mean and how can I fix this? Thank you very much for your help.

Teemu Keiski

What's the object you are passing as data source or to the query? Usually
this occurs when object cannot be converted to a specific type.

--
Teemu Keiski
AspInsider, ASP.NET MVP

news:(E-Mail Removed)...