Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Closing popup window when closing parent window?

=?Utf-8?B?Vk1J?=

How can I close popup window automatically when I close the parent window
(the application itself)?

Thanks.

Mark Rae

"VMI" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> How can I close popup window automatically when I close the parent window
> (the application itself)?

That will depend how you've launched the popup - post your code...

bruce barker

when you create a popup, it returns a window handle. save this handle,
and in the body onunload event close it.

<script>var popup = null;</script>

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

VMI wrote:
> How can I close popup window automatically when I close the parent window
> (the application itself)?
>
> Thanks.

Thomas Hansen

On Feb 14, 5:48 pm, bruce barker <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> when you create a popup, it returns a window handle. save this handle,
> and in the body onunload event close it.
>
> <script>var popup = null;</script>

Or even better
http://ajaxwidgets.com/AllControlsSamples/Window.aspx

..t